When we got home from our vacation today, there was a package waiting that contained fabric I’ll use to make Richard a couple of shirts, and the buttons I needed to finish off my blouse. Almost considered buying these novelty dogwood buttons instead of regular round ones, but maybe for another project.Share on Facebook
I’ve been determined to work through the mistakes I continued to make with the collar for this blouse. And this fabric–Kona cotton– has been determined to give me a hard time when attaching the collar to the rest of the blouse. Eventually, I won, and made my first collar!Share on Facebook
Read. Read. Read your instructions. Don’t skip any steps! (Unless you know what you’re doing, and clearly, I’m still new at this!) Last night, I stopped at JoAnn’s on my way home to gather some notions for my blouse, and other upcoming projects. One of the things I was missing was some interfacing that I didn’t think I needed until I started sewing on the front facing and the collar.
When I sat down to work on my blouse, I finished up the other sleeve, and cut out the interfacing that I needed for the pieces that were left. Unfortunately, it was then that I discovered that I needed interfacing for the cuffs that I had already stitched and slip-stitched to my sleeves! However, since this cotton is pretty stiff on it’s own, I’m not too worried about the cuff not holding it’s body. If I were using a different fabric, with more drape, I would be!
But I managed to get the front facing interfaced and sewn on:Share on Facebook