As I mentioned in my previous post, I had lost some weight/inches between the time I initially tried on and sized my skirt to when I completed it. This caused the skirt to hang lower than I had liked, and it caused the back of the skirt to gap when I sat (much like my jeans like to do when I don’t wear a belt). So, with the help of mom, we took the skirt in a smidge.
This particular style was tricky. Normally, you could just take in the side seams to make the garment a little smaller around the waist, but that wasn’t going to work for this skirt style, only because the pockets make up part of the side seam. Instead, we only took in excess fabric from the back part of the skirt, and both the front and back of the yoke pieces. Mom also suggested taking in the pleats, but I think that would have required more stitching.
In the end, the plan worked out pretty well, and she even serged up the raw edges on the inside of the skirt. And the skirt fits perfectly now. In the future, I’ll be more careful about my measurementsShare on Facebook