Read. Read. Read your instructions. Don’t skip any steps! (Unless you know what you’re doing, and clearly, I’m still new at this!) Last night, I stopped at JoAnn’s on my way home to gather some notions for my blouse, and other upcoming projects. One of the things I was missing was some interfacing that I didn’t think I needed until I started sewing on the front facing and the collar.
When I sat down to work on my blouse, I finished up the other sleeve, and cut out the interfacing that I needed for the pieces that were left. Unfortunately, it was then that I discovered that I needed interfacing for the cuffs that I had already stitched and slip-stitched to my sleeves! However, since this cotton is pretty stiff on it’s own, I’m not too worried about the cuff not holding it’s body. If I were using a different fabric, with more drape, I would be!
But I managed to get the front facing interfaced and sewn on:
But that wasn’t my only mistake that night. Since I only cut out interfacing based on the pieces that needed it, I assumed that I needed to interface both pieces of the collar and the collar band that remained. I had already cut out and fused the interfacing to both pieces, when I came across instructions that said to sew an uninterfaced piece to the collar. Oops! I almost thought about leaving it as is, but I wasn’t at a point-of-no-return so I ripped off the interfacing from one side of each the collar (that had already been sewn) and the collar band. My fabric became a little frayed on the edges
I am about half-way done, I think. A lot of finishing touches here with the collar, then hemming, and installing the buttons! Maybe I’ll find time today to get it done.Share on Facebook