I’m honestly very pleased with the outcome of this dress, but there are some things I was frustrated with while making it.Share on Facebook
My first crafting love is cross-stitching, sadly, I’ve been neglecting to post about my latest cross-stitch project. I was too tired to work on my shirtdress tonight, so you get a post about “The Fortunate Traveler”! Here’s what I’ve completed after 62 hours of work. At this rate, I wouldn’t be surprised if I surpassed the 500 hours I spent on The Ark I made for my mother-in-law.
So far, I’ve got almost all of the top of the outside border cross-stitched (save for a couple of purple stitches), and I even started to back-stitch the border too, to reduce the amount of times I’d have to turn the scroll. I’m also taking my time with this project–heeding the advice of all the judges from prior Puyallup Fairs about my work–because I want to get better than an honorable mention at the Puyallup Fair I present this at.Share on Facebook
At this time of this post, I’ve actually basted on the collar and added the front facing for the buttons and button holes, but here’s a picture of what I’ve accomplished prior.
So far, I think I made an error when purchasing poplin for this project. It’s a tightly woven fabric, which makes it difficult to pin together. I think I should have used a broadcloth instead. And I think I may re-stitch the right (on the left) sleeve, since it appears to be puffed-up higher than the left one. Aside from what I mentioned above being finished, I need to attach the facing, finish the collar, hem, and add the buttons and button holes. Not sure if all of that will get done tonight, but it’s nearly finished.Share on Facebook