And I’ve finally completed my first quilt! I know I’ve been absent on the blog recently, but I’ve been working on one crafting related side project (which crosses over into my occupation of being a software developer), and then a new video game came out, so I’ve been playing a bit of that. But, with my husband’s sister and her family coming to stay with us soon, I needed to get some projects cleaned up in the craft room, I mean, spare bedroom, so that they would have a place to stay. After picking up a good color of thread for the binding (because a type of top stitching would be involved), I finished up the quilt with minimum errors.Share on Facebook
Picked up “The Ark” from Michael’s today. The framing is perfect, but they messed up a little, and at this point, it wasn’t something worth spending the time having it fixed, since we’re planning to see my in-laws at the end of the month. I’ll just remember for next time to mount my own cross-stitch, since the piece was pulled tight on the sides that it warps the finished piece. They also framed the matte over the top of stitches, especially where I had stitched my initials at the bottom. Again, trivial things that I didn’t want to spend extra time having them correct it.
Regardless, it’s 100% completed and ready for delivery! I’m sure my mother-in-law will love it!Share on Facebook