91 hours later, there was sky (and some mountains)

91:26 into The Ark

Already a total number of hours past what I spent on the Beatrix Potter sampler I recently completed, and I would probably say only about and eighth of it is complete.  This is a BIG project (as if I knew how to do small projects!)

Edit: I mistakenly added the total hours to the Beatrix Potter project instead of this project, so the previous reported hours was an error.

Continue reading »

Share on Facebook

Picking stitches is depressing

No pictures, because it’s shameful (except what was previously shown).  But I’ll write about it.

Previously, I showed a picture of what I thought was a good idea, but it turned out to be a terrible idea. There was so much blue in the sky of the cross-stitch for The Ark that I decided to do ten stitches across and then work my way down.  What resulted was a bunch of columns of blue. Because of the way the thread was pulled at the edges of the columns, very obvious lines were displayed throughout the parts of the sky I had stitched.  I told myself that if it wasn’t something worthy of being judged in the Fair, it wasn’t something I would give as a gift.  As a result, I’ve started picking out all the stitches I’ve done.

I’ll probably have to pick out all the sky blue stitches, and I imagine this will set be back probably 10-20 hours of work.

Live and learn!

Share on Facebook

186 hours and done!

186 hours, 47 minutes, to be precise!  Started March 7 and completed it October 14. It needs a wash, ironing, and some blocking, before it gets framed, yet.  And I should probably try to stitch my initials in there somewhere.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. It was probably the most enjoyable birth announcement cross-stitch I’ve worked on!

Close-ups of the third row are behind the cut.

Beatrix Potter Storybook Sampler II

Beatrix Potter Storybook Sampler II

Continue reading »

Share on Facebook